Exotic fruit has earned a reputation as the most effective fat and protein burner. Cleavage is due to the high papain content. The enzyme seems to be ready to break even concrete masonry. Papain is used in traditional medicine to treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, musculoskeletal system, external and internal damage to the dermis.
To get to the main goal - fragrant pulp, you have to clean the dense inedible skin and properly cut the product. Sunflower seeds, abundantly hidden inside the fruit, can be used as a sweet-spicy spice.
The market presents not only traditional ripe papaya. In cooking, green, barely ripe fruits are used. They have a neutral taste, but the skin, like a ripe fruit, is just as tender and juicy. Green papaya is perfect for any salads (fish, vegetable, meat). Exotic fruit diversifies the taste palette and does not interrupt the perception of the dish with a specific smell.
Papaya is a woody plant, the size of which does not exceed 10 meters in length. At the top of the tree are dissected leaves on long petioles in which flowers develop, and then fruits. Average fruit size: 20-50 cm in length and 10-30 cm in diameter. Fruits develop unevenly and can significantly differ from each other.
There are male and female papaya trees. The male type pollinates flowers, and the female gives fruit. Papaya ripens quickly enough - after 6 months you can already harvest the first crop. Most of the fruits grown are exported. The average shelf life of a ripe fruit is 1 week.
The chemical composition of the fruit
|Calorie content||43 kcal|
|Alimentary fiber||1.7 g|
|Alpha Carotene (A)||0,002|
|Beta Carotene (A)||0,274|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5)||0,191|
|Folic Acid (B9)||0,037|
|Ascorbic acid (C)||60,9|
|Mono- and disaccharides||7,8|
|Saturated Fatty Acids||0,1|
|Monounsaturated Fatty Acids||0,072|
|Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids||0,058|
Useful properties of papaya
Fruit can be a real salvation for the sweet tooth and losing weight. Papaya combines a sweet rich taste and low calorie content. The best way to give up white sugar is to replace it with fruit. No need to kill the urge to eat a bar of porous milk chocolate - this is how you subject yourself to frustration and bad mood. Replace harmful trans fats with plant-based foods. Morning oatmeal with papaya will be much tastier than 100 grams of chocolate.
The main beneficial substance is papain. Why is it so good and how will it help the human body?
- The enzyme helps to release the benefits of food and fully, but not partially, absorb it. Papain serves as a specific conductor, thanks to which a person receives more energy, moves faster, gets tired less and feels a general increase in tone.
- Scientists have proven that the fruit improves the functioning of the organs of vision. If carrots are already fed up, and you want to pamper your eyes with something useful, choose a papaya.
- Fruit juice plays the role of antioxidant and antiseptic. Our ancestors used papaya juice to relieve swelling and pain after an insect bite or poor contact with fire. The healers of the time "prescribed" the juice of an exotic fruit to heal from diseases, pain and all kinds of ailments.
- Papaya enzymes have an amazing effect on the skin. Fruit components are introduced into cosmetics to achieve an exfoliating effect. Such cosmetics are indicated for people with sensitive skin, to combat acne and post-acne. In order for the treatment to be comprehensive, let the whole body, and not just the injured person, get enough of the beneficial properties of papaya. After the next grooming procedure, treat yourself to a piece of fruit. The result, oddly enough, will be "obvious".
- Papaya is indicated for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, bronchial asthma, impaired liver function and the fight against abnormal blood sugar. The fruit perfectly cleanses the intestines, which instantly gives vigor to the body, makes a person healthier and more active.
- The fruit regulates the body's acidity level. Suffer from heartburn? Consult a doctor and find out - is it possible to replace hated pills with a few pieces of papaya? If heartburn is rarely a phenomenon for you, and the doctor gave the green light to experiments - try it. Substitution of plant-based chemicals will be appreciated by the body.
Fruit is recommended to be used even by pregnant and lactating women (if the mother is not allergic to the product). Enter the papaya dosed and do not worry about the condition of the baby.
The child will receive many useful substances and begin to join the exotic from a very young age. When the baby has already been transferred to complementary foods, mashed the papaya and give it to the child in small quantities. It is recommended to give vegetables first, and then gradually introduce fruits. The kid can refuse tasteless vegetables after sweet fruits and berries.
- Scientists claim that the fruit is useful in diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Enzymes have a beneficial effect on the condition of bones and joints.
- Papaya juice has an anthelmintic effect. Juice will be ineffective in the presence of serious infectious pathologies. Do not get carried away with self-medication, but seek qualified help.
- Special medicines are made from fruit that can cure eczema. Our ancestors dried papaya skin and applied to the affected areas. Today, such methods are not in demand. If there is a problem, you need to undergo an examination, coordinate with the doctor the therapeutic course and further nutrition recommendations. If the specialist does not see a threat to the current state, enter the papaya without fear for the integrity of the dermis.
The use of fruit in cosmetology
To create skincare cosmetics use extract, pulp, papaya oil. In particular, the enzyme papain secreted from the fruits of an exotic fruit is appreciated. What papaya will be useful for dermis:
- Fruit acids do a great job with pigmentation, skin damage, and acne and post-acne.
- Increased skin tone.
- Normalization of the skin's water balance. Stable water balance (maintaining a constant level of moisture).
- Gentle cleaning of contaminants, no risk of clogging pores
- Whitening the skin, creating a radiant glow.
- Anti-aging effect. A cream with papaya will help delay the appearance of unwanted wrinkles for a long time.
- Increased elasticity of the dermis.
- Removal of toxins, poisons, pollution.
- Normalization of the sebaceous glands. The fruit will help to cope with enlarged pores, and with the constant need to wipe your face with something. Using and eating fruit will provide a smooth matte face without rashes and imperfections.
- Correction and removal of freckles.
To improve the condition of not only the skin, but also the hair, you can "without leaving the cash register." Papaya juice and oil nourishes hair, restores structure, restores shine, health and softness.
With the help of papaya, you can not only grow beautiful hair, but also get rid of it. Fruit enzymes are added to various hair removal products (creams, serums, foams, gels). The substance provides several positive effects:
- removal of unwanted vegetation;
- additional skin hydration;
- blocking the possibility of ingrown hairs;
- maximum distance from the appearance of new hairs. The enzyme weakens the hair and dulls the performance of the hair follicle.
Milk Jelly Papaya Recipe
We will need:
- papaya - 1 kg;
- milk (optimal fat content - 3, 2%) - 400 ml;
- gelatin - 30 g;
- sugar (can be replaced with any sweetener) - 50 g.
Prepare the papaya: cut the fruit along, remove the seeds with a tablespoon.
Tip: there is no need to remove the peel first. It can be easily removed after the dish is ready.
Soak gelatin for 10 minutes at room temperature. Take a stewpan, pour in gelatin, milk, sugar / sweetener and keep on low heat. Stir the mixture constantly until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved. Pour the finished mixture into peeled papaya (the jelly should be located in the recess in which the fruit seeds were). Wrap with cling film, send for several hours in the refrigerator until completely solidified. Remove the finished dessert from the refrigerator, cut into portion slices, remove the skin with a knife and serve.
Duck with honey and papaya recipe
We will need:
- papaya - 650 g;
- crushed cilantro - 50 g;
- unrefined olive oil - 50 ml;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- honey to taste - 4 tablespoons;
- ducklings (it is recommended to take a breast) - 4 pieces;
- sesame (both fried and raw) - 2 tablespoons;
- soy sauce without additives - 1 tablespoon;
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon;
- lime juice - 1 tablespoon;
- lemon peel to taste.
Take the duck breast, make a few deep longitudinal cuts on the skin. Do not get carried away with incisions, 3-4 will be enough. Prepare the pan: put on a fire, pour in a drop of vegetable oil, spread over the surface. Put the duck breast in the pan (with the skin down) until it reaches a golden color.
Preparing the sauce: mix olive oil, lime and lemon juice, zest, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds and cilantro. Peel the papaya, remove the seeds, cut into small cubes. Grate a small portion of the fruit and mix with the prepared sauce.
Remove the duck from the pan, duck fat (formed on the surface) must be drained and cleaned kitchen utensils. Lubricate the lightly roasted duck with the sauce and place on a freshly prepared stove. Now the duck must be put with the skin up. Fry until tender, add sauce as needed. Serve the finished breast with chopped papaya and your favorite side dish.
Contraindications to the use of fruit
The only contraindication is individual intolerance to the product and the components that make up the composition.
It is forbidden to eat green unripe fruits. They contain concentrated juice with a high content of toxic substances. Among them is the alkaloid caripain (better known as juice latex). The ingress of juice inside provokes a severe allergic reaction, intoxication, irritation of the skin, malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract.
To protect your own body - responsibly choose an exotic fruit.
How to choose the right papaya
Ripe fruit has a bright yellow or yellow-orange skin. Small spots of red or green are allowed. Read the information about the specific type of papaya that you want to purchase, pay attention to the specific structure and color. The peel of an exotic fruit should be smooth, even and holistic. Damage, dents, the presence of putrefactive formations, black dots and dark spots indicate improper transportation and non-compliance with the rules of storage of the product.
The aroma of papaya, depending on the variety, is vaguely reminiscent of raspberries, chocolate, melon, apricot. Be guided by a familiar taste spectrum to find the most ripe and tasty fruit.
Perform the traditional test: lightly press on the surface of the fruit. The peel should not be deformed. Ripe fruit will choke under pressure, but will gradually return to its previous shape. Elasticity is the key to papaya quality.
The peel should be clean, dry, with a characteristic shine. A wet surface indicates treatment with chemicals to extend shelf life.
If there is even the slightest doubt about the freshness and quality of the product - refuse to buy and find a more bona fide seller / supplier. Your health is worth the extra minutes of questioning about the shelf life of the fruit and the provision of a quality certificate.